Organisation : Habitat for Humanity Australia
Location : Sydney
Work type : Casual/Vacation
Profession : Community Services, Program Coordination & Management, Trades & Services, Volunteer Management
Sector : Community Development, Community Support Services, Homelessness & Affordable Housing
Salary type : Hourly
About the role
- Building, renovation and maintenance skills and experience, including ability to paint and complete building repairs and small building projects.
- Ability to supervise, support, motivate and manage unskilled volunteers undertaking building maintenance, disaster recovery and building projects, including painting.
- Highly developed communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated, positive, excellent organisation skills with very good attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Unrestricted driver’s licence, ability to drive a Ute with trailer and willingness to travel.
- Construction White Card (or willingness to obtain) and knowledge of construction site safety.
- Lead teams of often unskilled volunteers to complete various projects and provide positive support, guidance and create a fun work environment.
- Organise and manage maintenance work, disaster recovery work, landscaping projects, indoor and outdoor painting and building projects.
- Organise volunteer days and manage all logistics for volunteer activities.
- Develop, implement and support partnerships with corporate and community partners.
- Manage tools, equipment, materials and various projects efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure a safe working environment and proactively encourage safe working practices.
- Provide information and safety presentation to volunteer teams.
- Take photos at volunteer activities and prepare reports and promotional materials.
Note – the successful applicant will need to provide evidence of a clear criminal history and adhere to HFH’s Code of Conduct, policies and procedures including the Child Protection Policy.
The successful applicant would be engaged on a contract or casual basis.
About the organisation
Our volunteer program in NSW supports accommodation services and disadvantaged people by mobilising teams of volunteers and corporate supporters to complete building maintenance, painting, landscaping, disaster recovery work and building projects.
How to apply
To obtain a Position Description or for enquiries please email Dean Hart – [email protected].
There is no closing date. Applications will be considered as they are received.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Supervisor (paid position) via Pro Bono Australia.