Vietnam Big Build
3 November 2018 - 10 November 2018
Vietnam is one of Global Village’s most popular destinations, and it’s not hard to see why. Amazing food, a vibrant culture and a rich history make this country a fascinating place to visit. While incredibly beautiful, Vietnam is also very vulnerable and many people live in poverty. You have the chance to help a community in Quang Nam experience a brighter, safer future by helping them to build a decent home.
The Big Build is unlike any other build – teams from all around the world join forces for a one-week transformational experience in a different location each year.
The Vietnam Big Build is your opportunity to meet people from all over the world, network, and help a family in need at the same time.
Dong Thap Province is considered the “rice bowl” of Vietnam. However, the population of more than 1.6 million is at risk from annual flooding. Such natural disasters make these agriculture-dependent families — who earn less than US$100 a month — vulnerable to falling back into poverty.
Habitat for Humanity Vietnam has been helping families in Dong Thap to build a better life for themselves since 2011. Families in Dong Thap need your
support and contribution to combat inadequate housing conditions and lack of access to safe sanitation.
Saturday 3rd November 2018:
Meet your team in Ho Chi Minh and get to know each other over a welcome dinner
Sunday 4th November 2018:
Today, you’ll travel from Ho Chi Minh to Dong Thap
Monday 5th November 2018:
Meet your partner family and the Habitat build staff who will complete your safety orientation for the first day of building
Tuesday 6th November – Thursday 8th November 2018:
Full days of building with your teammates
Friday 9th November 2018:
Final day of building, hand over ceremony and dedication of the new home to our partner family
Saturday 10th November 2018:
Depart for home or further adventures – many of our volunteers combine a build with travel to other overseas destinations
Click here for an information pack about the build that includes the project info, detailed itinerary, costs and stories from past volunteers – take some time to read about the build and see how you can help change the lives of families in need.
Minimum Donation Contribution: $2,500 (All donations over $2 are tax deductible and goes towards the home you are building and impacts more families through a wider program in the Asia Pacific.) Many volunteers choose to fundraise this amount.
- Registration Fee: $180 (registration fee is $160 for those under 18yrs (15 minimum))
- Build Week Costs: $800 based on twin share depending on accommodation, meals, transfers and domestic travel requirements – single rooms may incur additional costs
- Registration deadline: 10th September 2018
- Fundraising contribution deadline: 4th October 2018
- For visa application volunteers must hold a passport with at least 6 months from the build start date (validity until March 2019)
What’s included in your build week costs:
- Twin share accommodation (single accommodation available at an additional cost)
- All meals Monday – Friday
- Bottled water on the build site
- Return airport transfers
- Transport to and from site each day
- Local sightseeing activities as per itinerary
- Support from your team leader, Habitat for Humanity Australia and Habitat for Humanity Nepal
- Personal fundraising webpage and access to fundraising resources
- Local host coordinator and translator
- Welcome orientation
- All necessary building materials and safety equipment
- Dedication and home handover ceremony with partner family
- 24 hour in-country support
- Insurance while on the build site
- Flights (Habitat can help advise the best flights for you through our partners at Flight Centre’s Travel Club)
- Travel Insurance
Need more info?
Please leave your contact details and we will send you an information pack on this volunteer experience.
Registration closes on
10 September 2018
Ready to sign up for an experience of a life time?
A Global Village trip is a truly rewarding experience. Get your hands dirty on the building site, interact with the families whose houses you are helping to construct, experience the country like an insider and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience is required, sign up today!
Download the Vietnam Big Build build brochure here!