School Leavers Build, Fiji
16 - 23 November 2019
Celebrate finishing high school by exploring the world and helping change lives for the better by building a new home for a family in need in Lautoka, Fiji.
The School Leavers Build is your opportunity to see the world and help others at the same time. A Habitat build could be the very beginning of your Fijian adventure!
This build is strictly limited to 17*-25 year olds.
*Please note, 17 year olds must be accompanied by a friend or guardian who is over 18 years old.
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to not only visit a beautiful and unique location but to also make a lasting impact. The School Leavers Build will assist families in need to develop disaster resilient housing. Don’t just see the world, help build a better world! As well as forming new friendships and lasting memories, you’ll give one family the gift of a new home and a brighter future.
After the build is complete, why not rest and recover with a stay at one of Fiji’s many resorts? Treat yourself to some snorkelling, diving and fishing, or just relax by the beach. there is so much to see and do in Fiji – a Global Village is just the start.
Saturday 24th November:
Meet your team in Phnom Penh and get to know each other over a welcome dinner
Sunday 25th November:
Discover the local sights with your team
Monday 26th November:
Meet your partner family and the Habitat build staff who will complete your safety orientation for the first day of building
Tuesday 27th November – Thursday 29th November:
Full days of building with your teammates
Friday 30th November:
Final day of building, hand over ceremony and dedication of the new home to our partner family
Saturday 1st December:
Depart for home or further adventures – many of our volunteers combine a build with travel to other overseas destinations
Click here for an information pack about the build that includes the project info, detailed itinerary, costs and stories from past volunteers – take some time to read about the build and see how you can help change the lives of families in need
- Minimum Fundraising Contribution: $1000*/$1700 (All donations over $2 are tax deductible and goes towards the home you are building and impacts more families through a wider program in the Asia Pacific.)
- Registration Fee: $180 ($160 for volunteers who are under 18)
- Build Week Costs: $600-$800 twin share depending on accommodation, some meals and domestic travel requirements
- Registration deadline: 29th September 2018
- Fundraising contribution deadline: 19th October 2018
*You must be a full time student.
What’s included in your build week costs:
- Twin share accommodation (single accommodation available at an additional cost)
- All meals Monday – Friday
- Bottled water on the build site
- Return airport transfers
- Transport to and from site each day
- Local sightseeing activities as per itinerary
- Support from your team leader, Habitat for Humanity Australia and Habitat for Humanity Nepal
- Personal fundraising webpage and access to fundraising resources
- Local host coordinator and translator
- Welcome orientation
- All necessary building materials and safety equipment
- Dedication and home handover ceremony with partner family
- 24 hour in-country support
- Insurance while on the build site
- Flights (Habitat can help advise the best flights for you through our partners at Flight Centre’s Travel Club)
- Travel Insurance
Need more info?
Please leave your contact details and we will send you an information pack on this volunteer experience.
Ready to sign up for the experience of a life time?
A Global Village trip is a truly rewarding experience. Get your hands dirty on the building site, interact with the families whose houses you are helping to construct, experience the country like an insider and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience is required, sign up today!
You can find the School Leavers Build Brochure here