Rock the House, Indonesia
6 October - 13 October 2018
Did you miss out on Rock the House last year? Don’t miss your chance to be part of something big. Join the almost 200 Australians who have already Rocked The House and make a difference with your own two hands, as we aim to increase our impact.
For the first time ever, Rock the House Three is going multi-national. Join a team of like-minded Australians on the ground in both Yogyakarta, Indonesia and Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Are you a Rock the House alumni? Come back to Yogyakarta to increase your impact, and see how much the lives of the families you helped have improved! This is also your LAST CHANCE to return to Yogyakarta as the program in the area is nearing its completion.
OR if you’re looking for something different, be a part of the first ever Rock the House group to Cambodia!
Join the movement. Join Rock the House today.
Rock the House will help Habitat for Humanity make a life changing impact in the community of Yogyakarta. Habitat, through a participatory approach, will actively engage the community, its leaders, and local government in every aspect of the project from design to implementation, in order to ensure quality and sustainability. This year, Rock the House III will be building 8 homes for families living in substandard conditions..
The impact of the homes will be far reaching and will create a rock solid future for generations. Healthy homes, with cement floors, improved ventilation, clean water and sanitation facilities have immediate health benefits. Families will also receive skills training and with a home to call their own, they have a place to start a business and earn a steady income.
Click here for an information pack about the build that includes the project info, detailed itinerary, costs and stories from past volunteers – take some time to read about the build and see how you can help change the lives of families in need.
Saturday 6th October:
Meet the team and your Habitat representatives in Yogyakarta and get to know each other over a welcome dinner
Sunday 7th October:
Take in the local sights and visit the beautiful temples of Borobodur
Monday 8th October:
Meet your partner families and the Habitat build staff who will complete your safety briefing. Get started on your first day of building
Tuesday 9th – Thursday 11th October:
Full days of building with the Rock the House crew
Friday 12th October:
Final day of building, handover ceremony and dedication of the new home to your partner families. Finish the day with a dinner with the Rock the House family to celebrate everything you have achieved
Saturday 13th October:
Depart for home or further adventures – many of our volunteers combine a build with travel to other exciting destinations
Click here for an information pack about the build that includes the project info, detailed itinerary, costs and stories from past volunteers – take some time to read about the build and see how you can help change the lives of families in need
- Minimum Fundraising Amount: $1,700
- This amount can be fundraised. (All donations over $2 are tax deductible and goes towards the home you are building and impacts more families through a wider program in the Asia Pacific.)
- Registration Fee: $160
- Build Week Costs: $700-$900 twin share depending on accommodation, meals, transfers and domestic travel requirements
- Registration deadline: 31st July 2018
- Fundraising contribution deadline: 31st August, 2018
What’s included in your build week costs:
- Twin share accommodation (single accommodation available at an additional cost)
- All meals Monday – Friday
- Bottled water on the build site
- Return airport transfers
- Transport to and from site each day
- Local sightseeing activities as per itinerary
- Support from your team leader, Habitat for Humanity Australia and Habitat for Humanity Nepal
- Personal fundraising webpage and access to fundraising resources
- Local host coordinator and translator
- Welcome orientation
- All necessary building materials and safety equipment
- Dedication and home handover ceremony with partner family
- 24 hour in-country support
- Insurance while on the build site
- Flights (Habitat can help advise the best flights for you through our partners at Flight Centre’s Travel Club)
- Travel Insurance
Need more info?
Please leave your contact details and we will send you an information pack on this volunteer experience.
Registration closes on
31 July 2018
Ready to sign up for the experience of a life time?
A Global Village trip is a truly rewarding experience. Get your hands dirty on the building site, interact with the families whose houses you are helping to construct, experience the country like an insider and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience is required, sign up today!
Download the Rock the House – Indonesia build brochure here.