17th October - 24th October 2020
Did you miss out on Rock the House last year? Don’t miss your chance to be part of something big. Join the 250 Australians who have already Rocked The House and make a difference with your own two hands, as we aim to increase our impact.
In 2020, we will be building for families in Siem Reap, Cambodia – in previous years, our work has been in both Cambodia and Indonesia.
If you were a part of Rock the House in the past, we would love for you to join us again to increase your impact, and see how much the lives of the families we have helped have improved!
Join the movement. Join Rock the House today.
Rock the House will help Habitat for Humanity make a life changing impact in a community close to Siem Reap, Cambodia. Habitat for Humanity Australia, by adopting a participatory approach, will actively engage the community, its leaders, and local government in every aspect of the project from design to implementation, in order to ensure quality and sustainability. This year, Rock the House V will be building 8 homes for families living in substandard conditions..
The impact of the homes will be far reaching and will create a rock solid future for generations. Healthy homes, with cement floors, improved ventilation, clean water and sanitation facilities have immediate health benefits. Families will also receive skills training and with a home to call their own, they have a place to start a business and earn a steady income.
Saturday 17th October:
Meet the team and your Habitat representatives in Siem Reap and get to know each other over a welcome dinner
Sunday 18th October:
Take in the local sights and visit the beautiful temples of Angkor Wat
Monday 19th October:
Meet your partner families and the Habitat build staff who will complete your safety briefing. Get started on your first day of building
Tuesday 20th – Thursday 22nd October:
Full days of building with the partner family, local community and builders and team
Friday 23rd October:
Final day of building, handover ceremony and dedication of the new home to your partner families. Finish the day with a dinner with the Rock the House family to celebrate everything you have achieved
Saturday 24th October:
Depart for home or further adventures – many of our volunteers combine a build with travel to other exciting destinations
- Minimum Fundraising Amount: $1,700
- This amount can be fundraised. (All donations over $2 are tax deductible and goes towards the home you are building and impacts more families through a wider program in the Asia Pacific.)
- Registration Fee: $200
- Build Week Costs: $700-$900 twin share depending on accommodation, meals, transfers and domestic travel requirements
- Registration deadline: 17th August 2020
- Fundraising contribution deadline: 17th September 2020
What’s included in your build week costs:
- Twin share accommodation (single accommodation available at an additional cost)
- All meals Monday – Friday
- Bottled water on the build site
- Return airport transfers
- Transport to and from site each day
- Local sightseeing activities as per itinerary
- Support from your team leader, Habitat for Humanity Australia and Habitat for Humanity Cambodia
- Personal fundraising webpage and access to fundraising resources
- Local host coordinator and translator
- Welcome orientation
- All necessary building materials and safety equipment
- Dedication and home handover ceremony with partner family
- 24 hour in-country support
- Insurance while on the build site
- Travel Insurance
Need more info?
Please leave your contact details and we will send you an information pack on this volunteer experience.
Registration closes on
17 August 2020
Ready to sign up for the experience of a life time?
A Global Village trip is a truly rewarding experience. Get your hands dirty on the building site, interact with the families whose houses you are helping to construct, experience the country like an insider and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience is required, sign up today!
Download the Rock the House V Build brochure here.