Pho-ever Build, Vietnam
29 June 2019 - 6 July 2019
Get your hands dirty working alongside local communities to provide strong homes in the Quang Nam province which is prone to devastating natural disasters.
Quang Nam is a poor province located in the central coastal region of Vietnam. The majority of people in the province rely on agricultural activities (rice, short-term crops, forestation, fish breeding and farming) for their livelihoods. Infrastructure in many localities of the province is very weak and housing, water and sanitation solutions are especially insufficient.
Due to its complicated topography, Quang Nam is often affected by storms, floods, droughts, whirlwinds and landslides; communes located in the coastal and highland areas suffer the most.
Whenever natural disasters hit in the province, houses, water and sanitation facilities and agricultural production are seriously damaged. Habitat for Humanity Vietnam’s project in Quang Nam continues to help build resilience to natural disasters and climate change for those living in Que Son District, while also providing resources necessary to improve water and sanitation-related household health.
Saturday 29th June 2019:
Meet your team in Da Nang and get to know each other over a welcome dinner
Sunday 30th June 2019:
Discover the local sights with your team and travel to Quang Nam where you will be building for the week
Monday 1st July 2019:
Meet your partner family and the Habitat build staff who will complete your safety orientation for the first day of building
Tuesday 2nd July – Thursday 4th July 2019:
Full days of building with your teammates
Friday 5th July 2019:
Final day of building, hand over ceremony and dedication of the new home to our partner family
Saturday 6th July 2019:
Depart for home or further adventures – many of our volunteers combine a build with travel to other overseas destinations
Click here for an information pack about the build that includes the project info, detailed itinerary, costs and stories from past volunteers – take some time to read about the build and see how you can help change the lives of families in need
Minimum Donation Contribution: $1,700 (All donations over $2 are tax deductible and goes towards the home you are building and impacts more families through a wider program in the Asia Pacific.)
- Deposit: $200
- Build Week Costs: $600-$850 based on twin share depending on accommodation, meals, transfers and domestic travel requirements – single rooms may incur additional costs
- Registration deadline: 6th April 2019
- Fundraising contribution deadline: 8th June 2019
- For visa application volunteers must hold a passport with at least 6 months from the build start date (validity until January 2020)
What’s included in your build week costs:
- Twin share accommodation (single accommodation available at an additional cost)
- All meals Monday – Friday
- Bottled water on the build site
- Return airport transfers
- Transport to and from site each day
- Local sightseeing activities as per itinerary
- Support from your team leader, Habitat for Humanity Australia and Habitat for Humanity Vietnam
- Personal fundraising webpage and access to fundraising resources
- Local host coordinator and translator
- Welcome orientation
- All necessary building materials and safety equipment
- Dedication and home handover ceremony with partner family
- 24 hour in-country support
- Insurance while on the build site
- Flights (Habitat can help advise the best flights for you through our partners at Flight Centre’s Travel Club)
- Travel Insurance
Need more info?
Please leave your contact details and we will send you an information pack on this volunteer experience.
Registration closes on
06 April 2019
Ready to sign up for an experience of a life time?
A Global Village trip is a truly rewarding experience. Get your hands dirty on the building site, interact with the families whose houses you are helping to construct, experience the country like an insider and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience is required, sign up today!
Download the Pho-ever build brochure here.