Cambodia Big Build, Siem Reap
17th November - 23rd November
In 2019, we will be sending volunteers from all over the world to meet in Siem Reap and work together to build a shelter for as many families as possible.
The Cambodia Big Build aims to support to most vulnerable and this year we’re aiming to build around 45 homes.
We would love for you to join us and see how much the lives of the families we have helped have improved!
Join Cambodia Big Build today.
Cambodia Big Build will help Habitat for Humanity make a life changing impact in a community close to Siem Reap, Cambodia. Habitat for Humanity Australia and Habitat for Humanity International, by adopting a participatory approach, will actively engage the community, its leaders, and local government in every aspect of the project from design to implementation, in order to ensure quality and sustainability. This year, the Cambodia Big Build will be building 45 homes for families living in substandard conditions..
The impact of the homes will be far reaching and will create a rock solid future for generations. Healthy homes, with cement floors, improved ventilation, clean water and sanitation facilities have immediate health benefits. Families will also receive skills training and with a home to call their own, they have a place to start a business and earn a steady income.
Sunday 17th November:
Meet the team and your Habitat representatives in Siem Reap and get to know each other over a welcome dinner. Take in the local sights and visit the beautiful temples of Angkor Wat
Monday 18th November:
Meet your partner families and the Habitat build staff who will complete your safety briefing. Get started on your first day of building
Tuesday 19th – Thursday 21st November:
Full days of building with the partner family, local community and builders and team
Friday 22nd November:
Final day of building, handover ceremony and dedication of the new home to your partner families. Finish the day with a dinner with the Rock the House family to celebrate everything you have achieved
Saturday 23rd November:
Depart for home or further adventures – many of our volunteers combine a build with travel to other exciting destinations
- Minimum Fundraising Amount: $2,500
- This amount can be fundraised. (All donations over $2 are tax deductible and goes towards the home you are building and impacts more families through a wider program in the Asia Pacific.)
- Registration Fee: $200
- Build Week Costs: $700-$900 twin share depending on accommodation, meals, transfers and domestic travel requirements
- Registration deadline: 17th September
- Fundraising contribution deadline: 17th October
What’s included in your build week costs:
- Twin share accommodation (single accommodation available at an additional cost)
- All meals Monday – Friday
- Bottled water on the build site
- Return airport transfers
- Transport to and from site each day
- Local sightseeing activities as per itinerary
- Support from your team leader, Habitat for Humanity Australia and Habitat for Humanity Cambodia
- Personal fundraising webpage and access to fundraising resources
- Local host coordinator and translator
- Welcome orientation
- All necessary building materials and safety equipment
- Dedication and home handover ceremony with partner family
- 24 hour in-country support
- Insurance while on the build site
- Travel Insurance
Need more info?
Please leave your contact details and we will send you an information pack on this volunteer experience.
Registration closes on
09 September 2019
Ready to sign up for the experience of a life time?
A Global Village trip is a truly rewarding experience. Get your hands dirty on the building site, interact with the families whose houses you are helping to construct, experience the country like an insider and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience is required, sign up today!