Give your students the unique opportunity to see the world and help others by volunteering through our Global Village program.
Working together with the community, teachers and each other, volunteering enables students to strengthen important skills such as teamwork, leadership and communication.
Under staff supervision, students can take part in all aspects of the construction process, from laying bricks to mixing cement and painting. All volunteers are briefed with onsite safety training to ensure everyone stays healthy and happy during the week. Local Habitat for Humanity staff also provide support and supervision at all times while on the worksite
The Global Village program is a great form of community service and is compatible with both the Duke of Edinburgh Award and the International Baccalaureate. School teams are encouraged to organise their own fundraising activities and partake in planning their trip, making for a holistic and rewarding experience for all.
A Global Village volunteer experience is a highly personal and reflective journey that will help your students gain an appreciation of life in the developing world.
School leavers are also able to take part in volunteer trips to celebrate finishing school, while helping families in need.
Click here if you’re interested in joining our 2019 Schoolies Build.
- Minimum number of people on a team (including teachers): 12
- Maximum numbers: No group is too big! We have previously hosted schools with over 70 volunteers.
- Minimum age of team members: 16 (chaperone required)
Standard Trip Costs:
- $140 registration fee (non-refundable and not able to be fundraised)
- Includes medical and evacuation insurance and build pack.
- $1000 minimum fundraising donation (tax deductible and able to be fundraised)
- This is split between Habitat for Humanity Australia and the Habitat host country.
- $500-900 in-country expenses (not able to be fundraised, cost varies depending on country)
The Team Leader, in conjunction with Habitat for Humanity, will devise a budget to cover your accommodation, meals, bottled water, ground transportation and local activities.
Additional costs that the team will need to cover include flights, visas, vaccinations, personal travel insurance and personal expenses.