Now that you’ve registered for your build, it’s time to get fundraising. You’ve already created a personal page to collect donations, so here are some tips you can use to encourage people to lend their support:
1. Remember that people give to people. A personalised email will get a much better response than a generic group email.
2. Learn as much about Habitat for Humanity Australia as you can. The more informed you are, the better you can communicate with potential sponsors about where their donations will be going.
3. Need authority to fundraise? You already have it, just print the ‘Welcome to the Team’ email you received when you signed up to your build. If you need something more detailed we can also provide a letter, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. All donors that provide funding through your online fundraising page receive a tax receipt. If you you are collecting cash donations and your donors would like tax receipts just download our Donation Form and email it to email@example.com when you have transferred the funds. We will look after the rest for you!
5. We are here to help so please contact the Global Village team if you have any questions at all!
Here are some tried and tested methods that our volunteers use to raise funds:
Below you will find some resources to assist your fundraising efforts.
Feel free to download and send to your family and friends to spread the word about the amazing thing you are doing!
Ask for Support
Invite Your Friends
Thank Your Supporters
Connect With Us